Relationships are a key part of the human experience and have a huge influence on our lives. We may be engaged in a wide range of relationship types, from friendships and acquaintanceships to family relationships, work relationships, and romantic relationships.
Having a positive relationship can make you feel emotionally secure, calm your anxiety, and keep your blood pressure in check. It can also reduce your risk of developing a cold or other health problems.
A good relationship is one that encourages you to communicate openly, listen carefully, and be honest. It also enables you to resolve conflict without humiliation or degradation.
1. Touch, hugs, kisses, and other forms of affection are important for bonding and attachment to each other. This type of contact can help boost oxytocin, a hormone that influences feelings of connection and love.
2. A healthy relationship should be a source of pleasure and a place for you to explore new interests and experiences.
3. A good relationship should be a source of emotional support and an anchor in times of challenge, stress or loss.
4. A good relationship should be a place for you to grow and learn from each other.
5. A good relationship should be a place for both you and your partner to be your best self.
6. A good relationship should be a source of joy and satisfaction to both parties.
In a healthy relationship there is not a day that goes by when you don’t say kind words, hug or kiss your partner. This makes your heart flutter and stimulates the brain’s oxytocin, making you happy.