Technology is a process that involves using knowledge, techniques, and tools to adapt and control physical environments and material resources to satisfy wants and needs. Technologists are the people who design, create, and use technologies to improve human life.
1. Increases productivity and time savings: A major driver of technological innovation is efficiency, which makes work faster, easier, and less expensive. This means that we can do more in less time by automating tasks.
2. Promotes collaboration: Educational technology can help teachers communicate with students and engage them in interactive activities. It can also save time and allow students to access their lessons at any time, including at home.
3. Better media: Satellite systems have dramatically enhanced communication, giving people around the world access to information in real-time. This has helped people to stay informed about global events and news, and it’s made communication easier for everyone.
4. It’s easy to manipulate digital media: One of the biggest problems with technology is that it’s very easy to copy and reproduce. This is especially true when it comes to photographs and audios, which can be altered in a variety of ways.
5. It can lead to addiction: In recent years, there have been many reports about technology addiction. It can make people lose interest in the real world, and it’s even been linked to mental health issues.
A word that is often confused with science, technology has a specific set of principles and values that are different from those of science. While science focuses on necessity and universality, technology prioritizes specificities and contingencies.